Phoenix from the ashesA client contacted our claims consultant Andy Holmes to help when they had a major fire destroying 90% of their buildings and machinery leaving them out of action.
SituationThe fire resulted in a massive loss and brought a complete to stop to the businesses ability to trade.
Andy attended the site on day one to work with the business management team to:
- Arrange demolition of the building
- Establish temporary premises and equipment
- Source replacement stock
- Send positive message to customers of business as usual
Andy established and agreed the true cost of reinstating the building as well as;
- Negotiated upgrading the building to current building regulations
- Reinstated using a bespoke retail outlet design to accommodate their future expansion plans
- Equipment was replaced in a different and more modern form
Advice from Andy along with regular program of payments supported the recovery of the business. An old warehouse building owned by the client was fully refurbished as a temporary retail outlet whilst reinstatement was taking place of the old one.
What the client said: “Every aspect of the claim was handled expertly, thoroughly and professionally by Andy Holmes. We can now look forward to the future in our superb new building”. Harry Jackson – Managing Director Jacksons of Arley Ltd
What the broker said: “Andy Holmes was easy to work with, organised, easy to communicate with and responsive to the Client’s needs. I would recommend him to other clients” Cecil Anderson - Cecil G Anderson Insurance Brokers part of Bluefin Group